Celebrating 25 years
All of us at Classic Care Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning would like the thank our clients for your loyalty and support during the past 25 years since Lorne Roelofsen started the company on July 11, 1994.
The Company has grown from a one van owner/operator business to 12 employees providing cleaning of carpet, upholstery, area rugs, blinds, janitorial and other floor care services.
We were recently voted Best in the City for the 5th year in a row. Thank you to all that voted for us, we really appreciate it.
Attached is a photo of Lorne Roelofsen and his first van as he promoted the Company at Country Club Mall in front of the old Walmart and Arcade. Anyone else remembers when Walmart and Arcade were there?
We look forward to hearing from you and providing our services in the years ahead. We can be reached at our office at 250-756-4109, online at classiccareservices.ca, or facebook at Classic Care Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Ltd.
Thank you again!
Carpet Moths Infestation
Carpet Moths / Carpet Beetles
Carpet Moths and Beetle infestations are no joke; they can and will do serious damage to your beautiful and expensive carpets. Believe it or not, it’s not the adult moths causing the damage; it’s their larvae that actually eat away at your carpets, rugs, upholstery and clothes.
Carpet moths love dark areas that seldom get vacuumed (like under your bed or sofa). They especially enjoy areas containing animal hair as they feed on the keratin in the hair as well as your carpet fibers.
These pesky little moths are so
itube apk small you may not even notice them until you realize your carpet is full of holes. Carpet moths can cause extensive damage if they are not dealt with in the early stages.
Indicators You May Have Carpet Moths or Carpet Beetles
- Notice flying adult moths – this shows the infestation may be considerable
- Loose carpet fibers on top of the rug pile –larvae eating away at your rug
- Notice cocoons on the carpet – slightly fuzzy cylinders
- Larvae –squirming along the pile surface and underneath the rug
Prevention of Carpet Moths and Beetles
To prevent infestation, or if you catch them in its early stages you may be able to get rid of it just by following few simple steps.
- Vacuum regularly and thoroughly
- Vacuum the underside of your rugs on a hard floor if you can (this should be done every couple months; if not more)
- change your vacuum bag regularly to ensure you’re getting the larvae out of your home
- If the rug is of manageable size, lay it outside in the sun for several hours which will help get rid of any moth es file explorer apk larva (vacuum when bringing it back inside)
- Rotate your rug at least twice a year
If you already have a severe infestation we recommend scheduling a 48 hour Ozone treatment as well as a professional cleaning.
Fireworks and Your Pets
Setting off fireworks on Halloween night is a common tradition, but our pets don’t always find them as enjoyable as we do. Taking pets to a fireworks display is not a good idea. The loud noises can hurt their ears and cause them to panic. Leave pets at home if you are going to a fireworks show.
Here Are A Few Helpful Hints To Protect Your Pets This Halloween.
- Do not take your pets with you to any outdoor activity where there will be a fireworks display.
- Take your pet out for plenty of active exercise an hour before the fireworks start, then home for a good meal and lots of water. A tired and well fed dog will be far less anxious during the night.
- Leave your pet inside your home (in a room that is safe and familiar) with the television or radio on to help cover noise from fireworks. Close the blinds and curtains so bright flashing lights do not further alarm your pets. Crate your dog if it is used to being in a crate.
- Dogs who panic can choke themselves on a collar or lead, so never use a choker chain or slip collar to restrain your dog.
- Never leave your pets in the car; they could suffer serious health effects, including death, within a few short minutes. Partially opened windows do not provide sufficient air but do provide an opportunity for your pet or vehicle to be stolen.
- SPCA officials also say it’s not a good idea to fully costume a family pet. Costumes can inhibit an animal’s ability to move and communicate, and may cause anxiety or aggression.
- Make sure your pets are wearing identification tags so an owner can be contacted if the animal does escape. This includes current licenses for dogs.
root explorer apk
Please share any of your ideas for keeping our pets safe during the fireworks. Have a safe and happy holiday!
Pet Urine Soiling
We Love Our Pets
There are over 100 million households worldwide with at least one pet. Our pets are glad to see us no matter what we look like, how we’re dressed or if we have even brushed our teeth yet. We love our pets so when they are naughty or sick it is frustrating to know it can be potentially very damaging. Sometimes even the most fully trained pets still have accidents, it happens and cannot be avoided. The important thing is to know how to deal with the accidents quickly and efficiently.
Pet urine is not only unhealthy in an indoor environment but it can also cause permanent damage to your carpet & upholstery.
When your pet pees on the carpet or upholstery it leaves an odor that can linger forever unless properly cleaned, and your pet may be prone to frequently reoffend that same area. Once the urine dries, it becomes more difficult to remove. If left for days or weeks, depending on the fabric or floor type, it can cause a permanent stain.
Clean The Spot
At good at home method to prevent permanent staining is to immediately absorb the pet urine spots by blotting up the urine with a white terry cloth towel or plain white paper towels until all the moisture is transferred.
Mix 1 part white vinegar to 2 parts water and dab (don’t rub) into the spot with a white terry cloth. Once you have dabbed up as much of the urine out as possible, blot with dry cloths until dry to the touch.
If you have an at home cleaning remedy you think works great I’d love to hear about it.
We would love to hear any of your cleaning solution tips.
** Warning **
Do not use over the counter products, general spotters or extraction detergent.
Some of these may set the stains.
Carpet cleaning in Nanaimo
Carpet cleaning in Nanaimo
Carpets create a warm and cozy feel to our home interior setting, and they are available in a wide array of colours, patterns, and textures. Carpets require delicate care; dirt can build up over the years of usage through foot traffic, chemical or food, and water spillage. Do you want to increase the lifespan of your carpet in Nanaimo? Then it is advised to rely on classic care carpet and upholstery cleaning as they offer professional carpet cleaning services in Nanaimo and nearby cities like Parkville and Qualicum Bay. Vacuuming your carpets on a regular basis prevents the buildup of dirt, hair, and bugs. The area that is more often used in hallways and living room requires more cleaning attention. If dust particles are allowed on the carpets for long enough, it rubs and wears away the carpet fabric leading to degradation and damage. Giving immediate attention to spillage helps avoid long-term stains on the carpet—always remember to ensure your family members and visitors remove their shoes to reduce dust and rely on a professional carpet cleaning in Nanaimo.
Hiring a professional Upholstery Cleaning service in Nanaimo is much cheaper than you think. Suede furniture, for example, can get damaged during DIY cleaning as the material is made up of tiny fibers and strands that make the material porous. For this reason, most people in Nanaimo, Parksville, and Qualicum go to an expert Upholstery Cleaning service to handle their upholstery cleaning. During general home cleanup, most people concentrate on other parts of their home to weed out harmful germs and bacteria but often miss out on cleaning the upholstery.
The top benefits of regular upholstery cleaning include
For our readers, Get whatsapp download for androidfor Android, The Web Messenger. Install free WhatsApp for iPad, iPhone, iOS & PC Windows & Latest login
1. To remove harmful bacteria. You may use hand sanitizers and other cleaners in your home but neglect the breeding ground for germs. Usually, people sit down on the upholstery when they are sweaty coupled with food or drink spills. Making the upholstery fertile ground for harmful bacteria to thrive.
2. Not only does bacteria thrive on your upholstery when you don’t clean up but dust, mud, and different allergens. If you’re allergic to dust or mildews, your reactions may be as a result of these particles lodged in-between your upholstery.
3. Breathing problems may arise as a result of dust lodged in your furniture, carpets or blind. When you neglect cleaning for an extended period, these particle’s get into the air and pollute the air quality, resulting in respiratory issues on a long run.
Carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, and blind cleaning are essential to ensure healthy living of your family. Classic care carpet and upholstery cleaning offer the best services in Nanaimo, Parksville, and Qualicum Bay. We offer a range of methods and products to provide maximum cleaning efficiency.